Noise is often a primary concern for anyone shopping for a new juicer. Centrifugal juicers can sound like a jet engine getting prepared for take off in your kitchen. This is because these types of juice extractors spin their cutting blades at such high rates of speed. Masticating juicers, on the other hand, are a lot quieter because they usually run at slower speeds. This is a lot easier on the ears as the noise level is much lower.
Omega decided to go even further with the introduction of their new VSJ843 upright juicing machines. They run at the slowest speeds currently available and they are indeed whisper quiet. So if you live with other people, or you just hate noisy kitchen appliances, then this is the juicer you should focus on.
Even though it is a newer model it has garnered some early positive results. Owner feedback has been exceptional so far. It has quickly risen up the ranks becoming one of the top ranked juicer machines currently on the market. Its pleasant noise level is not the only thing going for this juice extractor. Here are just some of the advantages that the Omega VSJ843 can offer you in your quest for a better juicing experience.
1. Sturdy and Durable Design
It has a heavy duty construction featuring high quality materials to serve you for long. The super durable auger is also constructed of GE’s ULTEM material which makes it 8 times stronger than the melamine used in other juicers.
2. Automatic Wiping Juice Screen
The heavy duty stainless steel juicer screen features a silicone wiper blade which can be compared to the car’s windshield wiper blade. It increases the machine’s efficiency by keeping the screen clear and ensuring that the pulp doesn’t build up to interfere with the juicing process. The auto-cleaning system also contributes to the ease of cleaning.
3. Ultra Low Speed 43RPM
The new motor fitted on this juicer rotates at 43 revolutions per minute, which is approximately 50% the speed of the original low speed vertical masticating juicers. The slow speed allows the juicer to extract maximum vitamins, nutrients, taste and juice from the fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and even soy beans.
4. Dual Stage Juicing
Juice is extracted at the first crushing stage and before the pulp can be ejected, the fruit is squeezed in the second pressing stage which results in higher yields as well as dry pulp. The tighter fit tolerance of the new dual edge augers is excellent in straining more juice and effective in breaking down fiber to a palatable level for a smoother juice. You will therefore get the greatest amount of juice for the least amount of produce.
5. High Quality Juice
The Slow Squeezing system helps in delaying oxidation. This reduces heat build up and increases the juice shelf life. Your juice will therefore have more antioxidants, superior freshness and better flavor. There is less foaming, frothing or separation compared to the ones experienced in juices extracted by other juicers.
- It operates quietly. The low 43RPM minimizes the noise by squeezing the fruits and vegetables slowly rather than grinding at high speeds. You will actually be amazed with how quiet this juicing machine operates when you will turn it on for the first time.
- The vertical design is compact, productive and contemporary. It saves the counter space.
- The built in reverse is effective in preventing clogging.
- Self Cleaning Design. You will simple rinse the juicer with water while changing fruits, leafy greens or vegetables. It is also easy to assemble and disassemble for quick cleaning with water. This saves your time as well.
- The pulp is ejected automatically which allows you to juice continuously.
- A juice tap, little stopper fitted on the juicing spout allows you to control the juice flow and is effective in getting rid of drips and spills when moving the juicer or switching the containers.
- The motor can get stuck when juicing hard vegetables such as carrots, but you can cut them into small pieces and feed to the machine slowly. If the motor gets stuck, you can use the reverse switch to unclog the juicer.
- Being a newer model, the VSJ843 is also going to cost a pretty penny. At around $400, this juicer is not for those on a tight budget.
The slow juicer offers an excellent value of money and will surpass your expectations. The unique qualities make it a great option for your fruit and vegetable juicing needs. If you would like to completely recreate and reinvent juice extraction, then getting a VSJ843 for your kitchen would be a fantastic choice.